Last Updated on September 12, 2017 by Irene Seto
It’s that time of year again! YYC Pizza Week is coming up Friday, September 22 – Sunday, October 1. The ten day pizza affair will feature one-of-a-kind specialty pizzas that are only available during YYC Pizza Week. Over 40 restaurants will be taking part in the thick crust, thin crust, gluten-free and unique pizza categories. With so many options, there will be a little something for everyone’s tastes, but here are 7 that I think you should go check out. Bon appétit!
1. Roosevelt – Pepperoni Pizza Waffles
For a fun twist on an old classic
- Loads of Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and herbs. Served with a marinara sauce for dipping.
2. Atlas Pizza – YYC Hangover Special
For the morning after munchies
- Made with bacon, eggs, breakfast sausage, ham, onions, mozza, cheddar and a drizzle of maple syrup and chives.
3. Ollia Macarons and Tea – Red Velvet Oreo Macaron-izza
For the sweet tooth treat-izza
- Soft and chewy macaron shell base, topped with vanilla bean cream cheese icing, red velvet cake, salted caramel center and oreo cookie crumbles. Gluten- free.
4. Naina’s Kitchen – Meat Lover’s Pizza Stuffed Burger
For the best of both worlds
- Two mini cheese pizzas hold a ½ lb. Alberta beef burger, stuffed with bacon, Italian sausage, ham, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Topped with marinara, mozza and spinach.
5. Spot On Kitchen & Bar – Chicken Satay Banh Mi pizza
For a little Asian flair
- Marinated chicken satay, red onions , roasted red peppers, garlic butter, cilantro , cucumbers, marinated Carrots, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
6. Wheat Pizza By Jay – Heatseeker
For hot, hot, heat (plus a little sweet)
- Hot salami, ham, banana peppers, red onion, and pineapple. Topped with fresh mint and cilantro out of the oven with a side of sriracha honey lime dip
7. Grate & Barrel – The Tony Rino
For the extra cheese pizza fans
- A classic pepperoni pizza, on a grilled cheese! Can be made gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian and vegan.
Find out more about all the delicious pizza offerings available on the YYC Pizza Week website.