Setting up the best Stampede hangover kit
A good hangover kit will never get turned down and you especially need one during the Calgary Stampede. Stampede is one of the best times of year in Calgary! The food, the drinks, the shows, the rides, the music, and did I mention the booze? 10 days of non-stop partying does have some consequences – the inevitable aches and pains that come with all that fun. But you can recover from your hangover much easier if you prepare beforehand. Here is my list of must-have items to make up your very own Stampede hangover cure kit:
While having Stampede fun:
- Band-aids are a must-have for those dang blisters you’ll inevitably get from your brand-new cowboy boots and the non-stop line-dancing.
- Ate one too many deep-fried onion blossoms? Keep the Tums and Pepto-Bismol handy.
- If eating hasn’t been your priority during your partying, then an energy bar in the wee hours of the morning will help sustain you.
- Deodorant – don’t be that stinky person at the Stampede party.
- Stampede calls for long, sunny days so make sure to slather on the sunscreen, pop on that cowboy hat and put on a pair of sunglasses. It’s about fashion and preservation, don’t cha know?
When the night is over:
- Tylenol. Obviously.
- A cooling lotion like Burt’s Bees Peppermint foot lotion will feel like heaven on your sore and achy soles. TIP: Cool the lotion down in the fridge before applying and it will feel even better.
- Hangover home remedies like pickle juice are often touted for helping with that day-after nausea fast. The salty liquid is full of electrolytes that will help your body recover.
- You will have invariably forgotten to put on some sunscreen before going Stampeding, which means some much-needed aloe vera after sun lotion will soothe that painful sunburn.
- You will wake up with a mystery bruise at some point – how you got it, you don’t know, but you will need an ice pack.
- And when that hangover won’t go away? Just keep drinking with your own mini Caesar kit to go.
Do you have other items that you keep in your Stampede hangover kit? Comment below or tweet me at @heyseto!