Eating greens doesn’t have to be bland and boring. Summertime salads can be the tastiest love affair and as zesty and fresh as the blazing sun. You just gotta mix up those lettuces with the right blend of add-ons and dressing to make one delicious salad. You’ve probably been to local dining faves Divino and Cilantro, but did you know that the team behind these classic restaurants also has its own grocery brand to take home too? Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts is also the home of CRMR Kitchen, a line of natural and locally made sauces, jams, salsas, and you guessed it, salad dressings for the home cook to enjoy.
My awesome friends at CRMR Kitchen have put together these simple and appetizing salad recipes that will quench your summer hunger and help you keep you lean and clean through the warm Calgary months. And to help make things a little easier, one of my lucky readers will have the chance to win a set of CRMR Kitchen’s delicious salad dressings and a $50 gift card to Urban Butcher (formerly Second to None Meats). Add a great seared flank steak for some protein or stock up on more great sauces and stocks for your cupboard. Check out the recipes below and scroll down for your chance to enter to win! Also check out my Instagram account @heyseto for more chances to enter too.
Mixed Greens and Berries with Chili Oil Seared Halibut Fillet
- Fresh Halibut Fillet 4-6 oz from Urban Butcher
- ¼ cup Seasonal Fresh Berries
- 1/8 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ bag Organic Mixed Greens
- 1 tbsp Chili Oil
- CRMR Kitchen Blood Orange & Honey Dressing
- Sear fresh halibut fillet in pan with chili oil on medium heat until crust forms on firstside. Flip and then remove from heat. Keep warm as halibut will continue to cook when removed from heat.
- Toss organic greens with Blood Orange & Honey Dressing, top with fresh berries, avocado and pomegranate seeds.
- Place the halibut on top of the salad and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baby Spinach and Arugula Salad with Crisp Pancetta
- ¼ bag Baby Spinach Leaves
- ¼ bag Fresh Baby Arugula
- 1/8 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 4 slices of Cooked Pancetta
- ½ cup Toasted Pecans
- ½ cup Dried Black Mission Figs (or fresh when in season)
- CRMR Kitchen Saskatoon Berry & Rhubarb Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°F and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Toast pecans in pan or oven until desired taste and texture.
- Slice figs.
- Toss dressing with baby spinach and arugula, top with the sliced cook pancetta, goat cheese, figs and pecans.
- Serve and enjoy!
Contest is open to residents of Calgary only. Good luck!