Calling all adventure seekers to the Golden Skybridge! This new adventure attraction first opened in 2021 and is perfect for those seeking the fresh mountain air, scenic views and some thrill-seeking action that will get your heart pumping. Located in beautiful Golden, British Columbia, this latest addition to the Pursuit Collection family is the perfect pitstop during your roadtrip travels. Golden Skybridge is conveniently located off of the TransCanada Highway and offers hours of fun for everyone in the whole family. Here are a few reasons why you should stop by to check it out.
Canada’s two highest suspension bridges
Golden Skybridge consists of not one but two bridges – and they are now Canada’s #1 and #2 highest suspension bridges. That’s right, they are suspension bridges so you’ll feel that bounce with every step across the way! The bridges sit at 130 metres and 80 metres high respectively, above the Columbia Valley. I’m a little height-adverse but once I stepped out on to the bridge, I couldn’t help but enjoy the view!
Situated next to some lovely forested trails, you’ll be able to see mountains all around as well as the river and waterfalls below. I could have spent hours just hanging around the bridges as there’s so much to see and take in all around you.
Adventure seeking at Golden Skybridge
While the bridges are the main feature at Golden Skybridge, there are many adventure activities built into this attraction.
- Sky Zipline: Instead of walking back across the bridge, you can zip across the canyon on the zipline instead! This thrilling ride will take you less than 30 seconds to cross and you’ll get to soak in all that crisp mountain air along the way.
- Canyon Edge Challenge Course: Test your balance on this ropes course high up in the trees. Mini ziplines included.
- Axe throwing: How accurate is your throw? Test your skills by hurling hatchets down the target range.
- Climbing wall: Whether you’re a beginner or advanced climber, this 28 foot climbing wall will have easy and challenging routes to take.
- Giant Canyon Swing (coming soon): this tandem swing will let you and a friend swing out right over the canyon!
RELATED: Try this road trip through the cool little towns of southern Alberta.
The best part of all these activities is that you can sign up for an Adventure Pass that gives you 3 hours access to all of these features! You can do all the activities as many times as you can fit in.
Learn more about Golden Skybridge hours, location, and admission at the Pursuit website.
#hosted: Thank you to the Golden Skybridge team for providing me with a behind-the-scenes tour of the entire facility! It’s magical!